Find out as much as you can about the company you intent to work for. Try to document yourself about everything and a thing the job you are competing for can include, the products pr services the company offers. Knowing these things will make you feel more confident when you will be asked specific questions about the company.
- Make sure you are carrying with you a copy of your CV, written in a professional manner, including all details that could be of interest for that specific company.
- Look your interlocutor in the eyes, because this thing shows that you have confidence in yourself and that you are focusing on the subject. Show some enthusiasm towards the firm you are trying to work for.
- Dress up as professional as possible. If the company style claims the wear of a suit, the wear that suit and look as presentable as possible because that is most important and it will make just the difference you need.
- Try to answer the questions, in not more than 60 seconds. That doesn’t mean that you have to answer with simple yes and no, but long answers will make the interlocutor lose his interest. And you might also lose you concentration.
- Listen carefully and answer to questions directly. If you did not understand a question, ask them to explain it better to you, do not answer unless you are sure what you have been asked.
- Prepare to tell them what your past activities have been and the way you consider they can influence your carrier. Give some examples that ca end up leaving a good impression of you.
- Ask questions. The questions you will ask show that you are proactive and that you want to make sure this place is indeed the right work place for you.
- Send a “Thank You” note at no more than 2 days after the interview. Express your interest towards the job you are interested in and thank them for their time. Even if you end up not being interested in the job anymore, you can never know if that person can’t become a great contact person for you.